It's official, I'm a junkie




You know how girls are completely obsessed with the bathroom? I am not particularly different. My wig feels lopsided, I want to go to the bathroom. It's that time of the month, I want to go to the bathroom. My bladder is threatening to embarrass me (as usual), I want to go to the bathroom. It happened that on the day in question, I had to make my regular trip and the closest bathroom was in a building I used to call my dormitory. The place still seemed very familiar to me, (or so I thought) and I knew where the girl's bathroom was. So without a second thought, I took the stairs two at a time and pushed the bathroom door open like I still had rights to the place. Guess who I saw. You guessed wrong. I don't even know the person. I just know that a complete stranger was standing right there staring at me and wondering if I had lost my mind. Even I was wondering the same thing! What was I doing in a boy's bathroom? Why was I in a staring contest with a stark naked male who was just as confused and definitely more embarrassed than I was?


I don't know how long it took before he covered his junk, but he eventually made a poor attempt at it with his hands. It took a while longer for me to find my voice and for my saucer-shaped eyes to return to their normal sizes. I was busy thinking, 'This is a story I have to tell! I have blogging material!' But I must confess that I was so ashamed of myself later on. Not because I had seen someone naked (all you have to do is be a medical student and you will see enough junks for a lifetime), but because that poor guy was probably thinking of how a girl walked into the bathroom and saw what he had been hiding for years. I had emasculated himπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Also, I felt it was unfair to share a poor guy's embarrassing moment without even getting his permission or letting him tell his side of the story. On the bright side, I don't even remember what I saw (in case you are reading this) or much else after that. I just remember laughing so hard and thinking 'poor guy'.


When I told my friend this story today, she said she wouldn't have let me go if she were the guy. An eye for an eye, she said. I would have had to give up something too. We had a good laugh then, but now I can't help but wonder. What if he had jumped me? What if he had thrown me against the wall or worse? What if my laughter had died with me that day? Thank God it all ended as soon as it started. Like it never happened.


.....


Dear Stranger,

All I remember is that you were fair and looked like a cute young man in shock. The memory of what I saw below your umbilicus is a total blur to me now. Have no fear. You are as good as a virgin boy that goes to shower in his pyjamas, because this girl's brain is as porous as a basket.

Before I forget...

Thank you for this story...

Yes I'm going to tell my grandkids...with extra sauce of course...

Sorry...I'm not sorryπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚



PS: Try to use the shower curtains next time. They are there for emergencies like this.



#TheRitaSide

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Hustle

Till This Day

Musings: Confessions of an Ex-Church Girl