Flash Fiction Frenzy




(Inspired by Twitter writing contest)

Story 1

I watched as my uncle left the altar happily with his new wife and the memories gripped me.

"Come. I will buy you coke," he used to say just before he fiddled with my penis.

After he forced himself on me, he threatened to tell daddy about the CD I broke if I ever spoke. It was painful, but so was my old man's belt and honestly, I feared that more.

That afternoon, while people struggled with the caterers for their food, I pulled his wife aside and poured out my heart. She smiled and patted my shoulder.

"We like it kinky. Join us when you can," she said and I pushed her away in disgust.

How could she even suggest that? Did she really hear me clearly? Her husband was a paedophile and a rapist! How could a normal human being smile at such evil?

I joined the honeymooners that night. I had no choice. The man had already destroyed me in a way that no one else could understand.

As I let his wife lead me into their bedroom, I trashed the crippling guilt I had felt earlier. Ecstacy for me could only come from the man's touch anyway. Besides his wife did not mind. She even enjoyed it.

.......................

Story 2

It was the benz she liked. He parked smoothly in front of her apartment building and texted her.

She was ready and would be down in a minute.

He smiled. She had been a difficult one to get and judging from last night and every other night before then, it had been worth the wait. She wore a blue dress he recognized from their shopping spree and she walked gracefully towards the car. As soon as she entered, she bent towards him and pecked his right cheek.

'Driver!' The passenger beside him shouted just as his forehead smashed into the window. The driver had hit another pothole. He nursed his sore head while other passengers sympathized with him. Karma was speaking clearly. He was going to Lekki to beg his girl who had left him for that useless Lanre. The boy had already bought her a car that he could only afford to dream about. She was a fool if she thought Lanre could ever love her like he did.

Yes, he still loved her.

Maybe he was the real fool.

......................

Story 3

Bibi was called to the podium. She wore dark glasses and hugged everyone that approached her. Her baby bump had begun to show and it angered me.

Her love child.

She took off her glasses in the middle of her eulogy and her red, puffy eyes drew the sympathy she craved.

They must all think she loved me.

The ceremony ended abruptly after Bibi broke down. As she walked towards my body and dropped a bunch of flowers, I remembered the day I knew I would die.

"Don't worry," she had told her lover over the phone. "He will soon be gone. I made sure of it."

My will changed that night. She could do whatever she wanted. The cancer was going to kill me anyway.  Her efforts to hasten the process were duly appreciated.

At the reading of the will, I furtively sat by her. I had given everything to charity and I could not wait to see her erupt.

I watched as Bibi's hand brush against my lawyer's thighs fondly and my spirit shattered.

"I give all my property to my beloved wife, Bibi."

As he read my old will, I died a second time.





 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Till This Day

The Hustle

Blue Baby