The Birthday Inventory


So this birthday has finally come and gone. Since 2013, I have gone out for every birthday except yesterday's and I can tell you honestly that it was the best birthday I had had in a while; running very closely with the one where I got a full body massage (shout to my girl!). Someone is going to wonder what was so special about yesterday. Well, let me tell you. It was just perfect. It started off on a strange i-am-getting-old foot where I was thinking of all that I had not achieved and what I should have been. Then, I went to church and it got worse with sadder thoughts invading my mind. On my way back, I turned on my phone to seek solitude. Firstly, I had a trailer load of messages (on days like that, you realise that people are ready to stay awake for you and to me, that is really amazing). Then came this video that was so funny that I might have shed a tear or two. Then I got a call from my aunty who gathered her three children to sing to me. After that, the smile became engraved on my face and it was difficult to take it off. When I was telling people that my cheeks were hurting, they thought I was joking. I wish I had measured the before/after length of my lips because I am positive that they would be longer now.

Back to the matter, I don't want to mention any gift or hugs or surprises or people in particular. I just want to say that yesterday was the definition of spectacular. The kind of joy I got from basic 'happy birthday' by text, by mouth or through social media was enough to take me through the entire year. I even met a new birthday mate (although he was way older and not so receptive or nice)! It was not all happy though. I was stuck in classes I did not want to attend and I had to stand for 30 full minutes listening to someone talk about himself and his feelings. Then I lost all my numbers because I upgraded my sim from 3g to 4g (Do not upgrade. I repeat, DO NOT UPGRADE!) but who cares about all that? I had enough sugar to give me diabetes, and I took more pictures than the Kardashians have taken in a full year. Also, all the free food I got yesterday...*ōnū m agaghī akōnwu* (my mouth cannot say). Even the mini beating (if you know Uncle B, better tell him to avoid me o) and the gifts...THE GIFTS (including the one that the courier has held hostage and the one which was initially borrowed from me)! Yes the shawarma coupon toooo (my girl came through)! A big shout out to my class (especially the red mama who I had the honour of sharing my day with) and my legio family and the entire social media clan. I am so grateful. I think the permanent smile will extend till the end of this month and maybe the next too. Thank you everyone for bringing so much joy to my heart. All I wanted was an umbrella and you all gifted me with a mansion. THANK YOU!
PS: In case you need cakes, UC Cakes na the way o! I would have eaten my fingers yesterday, but my mama raised me to be civil.
PS: I almost forget to mention the two people that were hustling to be the last to wish me a happy birthday (no problem o)
PS(and I promise that this is the last one): I won't forget yesterday in a hurry.

Comments

  1. Awwwnn... You sure had a blast hunny... Keep glowing through the year. Happy birthday in arrears boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I really did

      Delete
    2. Thank you! And I really did

      Delete
    3. Nice one ubah. U sure had fun. God bless your new age

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Till This Day

The Hustle

Blue Baby