ALL HAIL THE PROCRASTINATING QUEEN




Have you ever met someone that started a very promising project with so much zeal and then stopped suddenly? Someone that even advised you never to give up on something  and then played the 'I couldn't keep up' card? Well...all rise for the queen of the GIVE UP kingdom! That is me. 
I started this blog (and my workout routine and my book and so many other things in my life) with this intoxicating ginger that managed to deceive me. I surprised myself  with my ideas and I was proud of the fruits it bore. I had begun to believe in myself again. I was even ready to bet on me. Then Queen Give Up flopped again. 
If you ask me when, how or why I gave up on my blog (or the rest of the list), i may not have an answer for you. All I can say is that I take full responsibility.  Nobody said 'Nneoma, writing is not for you' or 'you are just wasting your precious time'. I just woke up one morning and stopped blogging. Here are the wonderful excuses I came up with to convince myself that I was not wrong.

First week: I'm too busy.
Second week: My schedule is choking me.
Third week: I have this idea but I need to work on it.
Fourth week: This piece is too stale. I can't publish it (I actually said that to someone)
Fifth week: (after reading a mindblowing Sidney Sheldon book) I'm not even that good.
And that, my people is how I let my blog gather dust until I could no longer reach it.

Guess what prompted me to come back here. I went to my Twitter account after donkey years and realised that  I was supposed to be opening other tabs except the feeds (I promise I'm not a tech dullard. I'm just a not-so-regular Twitter girl). Lo and behold, I found a message from someone  who apparently liked my blog posts and encouraged me to start writing again. It was not the first time I had heard this comment, but coming from a complete stranger... I really hope he reads this one and knows that he is the reason I'm back on this track. He made me rethink my life and all the good things I had stopped doing because of my silly excuses.

So here I am, a blogger once again. Maybe tomorrow I will go back to my workout routine (please someone should  call me and confirm that  I do o!) Maybe I will finally publish this book that I have been so ashamed of (if the spirit  allows me). Maybe I can break out of my kingdom and build another๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
 
I guess I just have to wait and see. I hope you stick around and do the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Till This Day

The Hustle

Blue Baby