My Hands Are Clean


Last year, for the first time in my life, I was opportuned to organise an event. Was it stressful? You have no idea! Do I regret it? Not at all. After all the shouting and running around, it was eventually over. Then, I had to give an account. One of my greatest fears in this world is to lose my integrity (one of my very few possessions) and for a reason I could not fathom, that particular task scared me. Eventually(thank God) I was able to clear my name and continue my life with my head held high.

Do you know that Jesus had to give an account of stewardship as well? Let me show you:
John 17:4 (KJV)  
I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
John 17:12 (KJV)  
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Giving an account does not necessarily mean a financial one. It can be spiritual, or even physical. Do you really think that amongst those that are paid hourly, the ones that sat at home sometimes will make the same pay as those that completed their hours? Do you believe that we will all receive equal judgement at the end of time? Has it never occurred to you that all that we do in the dark shall be brought to light? No need to decieve yourself.

The bad catch phrase that most have adopted as a constant excuse is that 'Nobody is perfect' and it comes in very handy because it was lifted straight from the Bible. We forget that that same Bible says 'So we should all strive towards perfection'. We have to make an effort to be perfect; to be accountable at all times, at all costs. Can you compare fingers that will not stop pointing at you to a few thousands that you will spend in less than a month? Is the money or the act really as fulfilling as you think it is? Would you rather throw your integrity to the dogs? People will always talk, you may say, but when everyone is saying something bad about you, you might want to look in the mirror.

Personally, I have never been in the worst case scenario and I like to pretend that money and material things do not move me enough to even consider 'acquiring' some for myself by any possible means. As I once heard a priest say, if you pretend for long enough, that attribute becomes a part of you. So I am going keep pretending and hope that I do no not give up a reputation I worked so hard to build. I do not know what your reputation means to you but to me, it means a whole lot.

On a final note: Live a life that your heavenly Father will be proud of. Remember that we MUST give an account of EVERYTHING we have done, either here, or before we can cross over to the glorious mansion we all dream of.
Be sure that you can beat your chest and shout from the mountain top:
MY HANDS ARE CLEAN!
#TheRitaSide

Comments

  1. I organised an event too.. And my hands ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I organised an event too.. And my hands ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Till This Day

The Hustle

Blue Baby