The Bed of White Lies


For those that do not know or those that have managed to convince themselves otherwise, white lies are still lies. They just sound slightly better in our ears. Everyday we dish out lies to people we care about in order not to make them feel bad or make ourselves feel better. This is a list of common white lies that we might have used a bit too often (in no particular order):

 1.  Friend: I called earlier, but you did not pick. What happened?
      You: Sorry I was busy (trying to stand up, but failing wolfly. Lazy thing.)

 2. Friend: What do you think of my dress?
     You: (Because you know she can't change) I like the colour.
(What of the design, fitting, etc?)

 3. After a simple test, you see your friend who clearly had a hard time.
     Friend: How did your test go?
     You: It was not so wonderful.

 4. Friend. Did you see the result? What did I get?
     You: (You already checked and it was terrible) I was not really paying attention.

 5. Your friend has already put up a terrible picture on social media and you don't want to be the one to break it to him/her.
      Friend: What do you think?
      You:  Slayer!

 6.  Friend: Where are you? I have been waiting since.
      You: (struggling to put on your shoes) I'm already on my way!

 7.  You forget to read a piece a friend gave you to critic.
    Friend: Did you read my piece?
    You: You are really good (I'm sure so many people have done this to me).

 8. Friend: Come and follow me to....(where ever). I promise I won't waste time.
      You: I really need to do something. (Sleep obviously)

 9.  Friend: See my face! I'm getting darker and I have all these spots. Can't you see?
      You: Nobody will notice.

10. Friend: Let's go out today. Don't you want to see a movie?
( You are not in the mood but nobody understands that language.)
      You: I have a headache/ I'm broke/ I'm expecting my period.

11. You completely forget a very close friend's birthday until evening.
     You: Happy birthday! Sorry I've not been with my phone since.
(Nobody asked you o)

12. Your friend offers you food. You finish the first plate, but you are still dying inside.
    Friend: Do you want extra?
    You: No thanks (you pat you stomach for emphasis) Just give me water(to fill the space).

13. Your friend introduces you to someone he/she is obviously crazy about. You don't like the person on sight
     You: You scored! (Then you punctuate it with a high-five.

Before I take a bow, I would like to remind everyone that is guilty of white lies (basically the entire world) that they are just lies that we have dressed up in white in order to appease our conscience. The fact that we might have good intentions sometimes does not change a thing. A dog that wears clothes is still a dog. It is better to acknowledge our wrong than to live in denial. At least, that way we know what to write in  our 'sorry' list when we want to apologise to Our Maker.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Till This Day

The Hustle

Blue Baby